An air curtain helps controlling through open door ways :
Generally air curtains may used on doors / openings to -
- Prevent Temperature & Humidity changes OR losses.
- Prevent Dust, Fumes & Odour ingression OR escape.
- Prevent Insects.
» Air curtains for dust-thermal-odour-fumes barrier should offer floor level velocities of 1.0 to 2.0 m/sec. Whereas, effective insect barrier units offer floor level velocities of 4.0 to 6.0 m/sec. to remain useful.
»Factors which play a decisive role in determining the type of air curtain model required
[ velocity - cfm - design ] at any proposed location are listed asunder :
- opening dimensions.
- end use of air curtains [ dust barrier / thermal barrier / odour barrier / fumes barrier /
- whether the proposed openings are internal or external openings of the set-up / plant.
- prevalent environment conditions both within the opening and outsides.
- outside wind velocities and air currents
- differential pressure between 2 environments that unit's air draft has to withstand.
» Air curtain selection should be done only after evaluating the site conditions vis-à-vis the desired application. An appropriate model [velocity + cfm] installed at the right location will offer desired effect [ for un-heated air curtain units ]. Erring on either of these conditions may lower the benefits of an air curtain installation.
Air Curtains can be used by a wide cross section of buyers for better house keeping & maintaining desired environment conditions within work or production spaces.
- Cold Storages
- Fertilizer plants & Petrochemical complexes
- Food Processing & Packing units, Dairies
- General Banks, Retail outlets Auditoriums, Multiplexes & Theatres
- Hotels, Restaurants & Fast Food Joints
- Food & Pharma packing material printing & laminating units