What are air curtains?
Air curtains are aerodynamically designed air blowers generating a laminar stream of air with sufficient quantity (cfm) and speeds (velocity) to offer environment protection through open doorways. Generally, these are installed atop openings to give a vertical air draft all across the opening from top to bottom. However, there can be exceptions wherein side-mounted vertical installations may be advisable to offer a horizontal air barrier.
When are air curtains commonly used?
Air curtains are used to separate two environments through an air barrier without obstructing man movement and obstructing vision at the opening. Some common uses include:
- Energy savings by preventing conditioned air losses
- Prevent temperature and humidity changes or losses
- Prevent dust, fumes and odour ingression or escape
- Prevent entry of insects and bugs
- Prevent ice and fog in cold rooms and cold storages
- Generate stable and ambient internal environment to maintain customer and employee comfort
Industries where air curtains are used?
Air curtain are used across a variety of industries for various applications. For further details on industry application, explore:
- Food Processing & Packaging
- Pharmaceuticals& Bulk Drugs
- Infrastructure, Logistics& Transport Terminals
- Hospitals & Healthcare Facilities
- Yarn & Textiles
- Chemicals &Petrochemicals
- Logistics & Cold Chains
- Restaurants & Cafes
- Commercial Outlets