We engineer custom air curtains to facilitate a stable indoor /work environment. Air curtains create an invisible air barrier that facilitates man movement while maintaining indoor temperatures and preventing the entry of pathogens, pollutants, and insects from external areas. Commercial Air Curtains help maintain a clean and hygienic indoor environment at various commercial establishments such as retail outlets, grocery stores, restaurants, hospitals, universities, and transport terminals.
Difference between Commercial and Industrial Air Curtains & Utility of Commercial Air Curtain
Commercial air curtains are relatively smaller in overall size as compared to industrial equipments. To meet the requirements of commercial openings, these air curtains are engineered to offer relatively lower air velocities with lower cfm of air draft, generated by its flow fans. These are largely used for lesser height doors [ideal till 2.4m] at a variety of retail outlets, where higher air draft efficiencies may not be needed. Commercial air curtains are not required to operate under severe industrial conditions: dusty, hot, humid, cold, explosive or insect-infested environments all through the day (24×7) or high intermittent actuations during work hours.
Cost of a Commercial Air Curtain
Price of a commercial air curtain is based on the size of the air curtain and the opening height, which the equipment needs to cover with an effective and efficient air draft. The air draft velocity and cfm also play a role in defining the price of air curtain.
Challenges faced by Commercial Outlets
- Repeated opening of the doors and/or windows to facilitate man and material movement
- Exposure to environmental contaminants, including dirt and dust, odor as well as flying pests and insects
- Loss of air-conditioned air
- Risk of higher utility bills
- Maintaining climatic comfort for the comfort of guests and higher productivity of the staff
Openings at commercial outlets where air curtains are usually required
- Main entrances to prevent conditioned air losses
- Washroom entrances
- F & B area entrances
Factors to keep in mind when selecting an air curtain
- Air curtain unit’s length should never be shorter than door width
- Purpose of an air curtain installation should be clearly defined; based on which the air draft parameters are designed / selected
- Optimum air draft velocity (speed), air draft cfm (quantity) at source and floor level velocities are some vital parameters for creating an efficient air barrier
- For any conventionally installed air curtain to be effective:
- Its air draft has to be largely uniform across any horizontal point with minimum variation in velocity across width of any opening
- Depending on end use of the equipment, its air draft has to reach floor level with required speeds. Hence, it is advisable to factor in height of every proposed opening, as well as prevalent internal and external environment conditions which units’ air draft may have to withstand while selecting air curtain specifications.
We are here to help
- Acme Air Curtains maintain the inside temperature and ambient conditions and thereby allows the HVAC systems and cooling compressors to run less. This reduces higher spend on the energy bills.
- Acme Air Curtains keep internal areas free from contaminants and helps maintain sanitized indoor environment
Acme Air Curtains’ commercial air curtains are built in the same manner as industrial air curtains with a key difference in the specifications of air draft. Acme Air Curtains are easy to install and extremely durable. All Acme Air Curtains and it’s spares are fully ‘Made in India’ with the desire to make India ‘Atmanirbhar’ in the field of air curtains. Acme Air Curtains are made to order to suit specific client requirements.
Checklist for Purchasing Commercial Air Curtains
- Checkout opening heights [ideal max height not to exceed 2.4m]
- Purpose of installation [other than insect barrier for door heights between 2.0m to 2.5m]
- Verify operating environment conditions on both sides of the proposed opening.